This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Erie Insurance
Halloween is such a fun time of year, costumes, candy and general fun as the kids get to stay up late. But it can also go terribly wrong if proper precautions are not made. From costumes to decorations it can go wrong but doesn’t have to. So here is how we make sure Halloween is full of fun and no mishaps!
- When putting out decorations think about where kids will be walking while trick or treating. Make sure there are no strings or wires in areas kids may walk. We have inflatables we put out and they are anchored with strings. We place them close to the house and well away from the sidewalks so there is no risk of kids being tangled in them.
- Candles are a great way to add to that eerie atmosphere just make sure they are LED not real flames. Many costumes have flowing pieces that could easily catch on fire when passing a flame.
- Keep all the walkways clear and open to large groups. Most kids come in packs and they will all be bunched together. make sure they can all safely make it to the door and back without a mishap.
- Choose your distribution place wisely. If your front door is hard to get to them consider giving out candy from your sidewalk or front yard.
- Watch the lighting. Dark and spooky is the theme of the night, just be sure it’s not so dark people are tripping or getting hurt.
- I love an over the top costume but be sure it is not covering the eyes and impeding vision.
- Watch for tripping hazards like a long hem or awkward shoes that are hard to walk in.
- Add something that glows to keep your child visible like a glowing bracelet, necklace or glow-in-the-dark treat bag.
If despite your precautions, someone does get injured on your property, it’s important to make sure you’re fully covered with the right homeowners insurance policy, such as one from Erie Insurance. For more tips on how to keep everyone safe this Halloween checkout these Halloween safety tips!