In our family we dress up for church on Sunday. We view it as a sign of respect for our God and our faith and we dress up for mass. Recently my oldest has been pushing back a bit on that. She is not dressing down per se but also not wearing what my husband and I have deemed as church clothes. After our discussion I realized I was not leading by example. I couldn’t remember the last time I wore a dress or even a skirt to church. I had been wearing dress slack and while I looked appropriate it was hard for my daughter to discern colored jeans from dress slacks. After looking back at my wardrobe history and browsing my closet I realized I only had one single dress that fit me (this red one from Shop Stevie). I have been doing Pure Barre 4 days a week for almost a year now and my body has changed in amazing ways. I am thrilled with the changes but my wardrobe needs some changes as things no longer fit.
After lots of orders and exchanges here are the dresses I added to my wardrobe. Several of them I can wear with leggings or tights making them quite versatile. I did find that I needed the long length in several of these ( I am 5’9″).
1. This tencel shirt dress is super cute, it’s a bit more casual but so versatile! I ordered in a long and it is perfect (I like things to skim the tops of my knees). This comes in 4 colors and it on sale plus there is a 40% off coupon making it a steal!
2. This striped boatneck dress is so cute and so out of my comfort zone. I do not do stripes but this dress is just too fun to pass up. Again I got the long, but I also got it for half off and you can get it for 40% off right now!
3. I wore this jersey shift dress to church last week with leggings and it was perfect, my only regret is I didn’t order it more colors before it sold out! Plus its only $19.99 and hten 20% off, sucha steal!!
4. I needed a dressier dress and this cold shoulder black dress is even better in person. I did size up to get the length and now it is on super sale just $14.96!!!!!!
5. This long sleeve sweater dress is a nice middle of the road dress, not super fancy but dressier than a shift dress. I ordered it in hunter green but it also comes in 4 other colors. I did size up since it is a sweater dress and they tend to cling. On sale for $39.99.
I ordered these adorable kitten heel boots the Dolce Vita Dee and they are perfect with all these dresses. I got them on sale at ShopBop but they are sold out, I found them here for $79.99. A similar pair is here for $39.99.
Now I have everything I need to dress up every Sunday when we head to mass (and they were all great deals, which I love).