This past week I joined the 100 Club at Pure Barre, yes that means I took 100 classes. I started taking classes at my local Pure Barre back in March and have been going ever since, 100 times to be exact. I remember hearing about the 100 Club when I first started going and thinking wow 100 classes is soooo many. It felt like a huge milestone that was way off in the future and not anything to think about. Then suddenly it was not so far off and it became an attainable goal. It became a goal that I consciously strived for. I began adding in more classes and looking forward to my 100th class. Now that I have achieved that goal I can look back and realize how much I have gained from taking 100 Pure Barre classes and it is not just toned muscles.
So what did I learn by taking 100 Pure Barre classes?
- There is a form of fitness that you will love, you just need to keep looking until you find it. I burned out on so many different things over the years. I honestly assumed Pure Barre would be the same and that eventually I would taper off to not going at all. But I didn’t taper off, I still go and I have reached the point I miss the way I feel when I don’t go. Everyone should find the form of fitness they love.
- Self Care is more than just taking breaks. I used to think the self care I was missing was nights out, girl friend time, kid free time. These things are needed but I also needed a true stress reliever and re-charger, that is Pure Barre for me. As a care taker I need to take care of me too.
- I can do hard things. Somewhere along the line I stopped pushing myself to do hard things. I became comfortable with my life and stopped pushing. Pure Barre pushed me and still does and the satisfaction from doing hard things is so worthwhile.
- My kids need to see this. My girls need to see me exercise and take care of my body, not diet and complain. They need to see strong as the goal not skinny.
- I was reminded that small steps can eventually lead to big results. A lesson that I can take to all areas of my life. If I just break things down into small steps I can accomplish all the big things. Just like my small one inch movements at Pure Barre have led to huge changes in my body.
Tomorrow I will accomplish another Pure Barre goal. I will have taken 20 classes in 26 days (the challenge was 20 in 31) and I am feeling on top of the world. Next goal? The 250 Club!
Wondering why I love Pure Barre so much? Here are the reasons it is a great fit for me.
- Low impact, easy on joints. I have a bad knee ( surgery) and shoulder so high impact is a no go. This I can do (full disclosure I have not tried the new Pure Empower and probably never will as I think it would bother my knee).
- Small movements, short reps, lots of change and big results.
- Fast paced, the 50 minutes fly by.
- Every muscle from head to toe is worked slowly and effectively and then you stretch it out and feel amazing.
- Hands on instructors. The instructors are awesome about adjusting you and making sure you are doing it right or modifying if you have injury issues.
- You end stretching in the dark, a perfect way to release all that stress.
- RESULTS! They claim 4 weeks of 4 or more classes and you will see a big change and I did!
- The cost can be prohibitive but on the other hand for me it means I won’t skip a class when I have paid for it and know I will loose my money if I don’t show up.
Have you tried Pure Barre? I would love to hear your Pure Barre stories!