Thanks to Bravo Cucina Italiano for hosting us for a meal.
Last week my husband and I had a much needed date night. We dropped the kids off at my parents and headed to BRAVO Cucina Italiana to try out the new summer menu. Now through July 23 they are offering 2 course summer features starting at $16.99. You can pick from one of 3 amazing entrees plus a choice of soup or salad. Because I wanted to be able to speak to how good the food is, we of course tried all 3 entrees. No I am not kidding we split all 3 main dishes.
- Chicken & Shrimp Scampi: White wine, garlic, angel hair, spinach, lemon butter and tomatoes ($16.99)
- Sliced Skirt Steak: Fingerling potatoes, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, Reggiano, lemon vinaigrette and chimichurri ($21.99)
- Grilled Shrimp & Cous Cous Pilaf: Asparagus, grape tomatoes, shaved Brussels sprouts, Reggiano, Marcona almonds, red pepper aioli, arugula and lemon vinaigrette ($17.99)
- Warm Berry Cake: House-made butter cake, seasonal berries and vanilla bean gelato ($5.99)
- Sun In The Shade Seasonal Cocktail: Bacardi Rum, lime juice, pineapple juice, served up ($8)
We started with soups, I got Italian Wedding Soup (so good) and my husband got the Lobster Bisque. Then we were served all 3 main dishes and they were all delicious. My absolute favorite was the Grilled Shrimp & Cous Cous Pilaf. I could have eaten the whole plate but then I tried the Sliced Skirt Steak, it was a very close second. I loved how light the Grilled Shrimp & Cous Cous Pilaf was, the perfect summer dish and the flavors were amazing. The skirt steak was cooked to perfection and when you had a bite with the sauce and potatoes all in one it was an explosion of delicious flavors. Both so these dishes were a wonderful surprise with new flavor combinations that I look forward to trying again. The Chicken & Shrimp Scampi was also good, it was a great lighter version of a classic Italian dish.
The main course was even better than I expected but the dessert just blew me away. My husband and I both agree we will be back for a dessert date just to have the Warm Berry Cake before it goes away. The cake was still hot and literally melted in your mouth. The berries we sweet and runny, perfectly dripping into the cake and the gelato added an extra layer of yum. I don’t eat dairy so my husband happily took all the gelato pieces and I ate around it, together we ate every last bite, it was that good.
We had a great time chatting and enjoying some delicious food. The service was fabulous, the food amazing and we spent a nice evening talking without being interrupted by our kids….HEAVEN! Be sure to stop into your closest Bravo Cucian Italiano and try this delicious menu before it goes away, you do not want to miss the warm berry cake!!!