IKEA Columbus, yes it’s true we are getting an IKEA in Columbus, Ohio and it is definitely something to be excited about. If you love home decor and affordable prices then you will enter IKEA and never want to leave. At least that is how I felt last Wednesday when I got a tour of the new IKEA in Columbus, Ohio. It’s a good thing the store was not open yet or I would be broke and eating ramen noodles right now, all my grocery money spent at IKEA!
IKEA is a feast for the eyes and the stomach. I sampled some of the restaurant food and will definitely be bringing the family back. I texted my husband that our next date would be at IKEA, and no I am not kidding!
The restaurant has a very inviting and open feel which makes you want to stay awhile. The free wifi and cheap food make this a new work place for me, can’t wait to spend an afternoon cranking out posts in this sunny room!
Warning I have about 50 photos and I want to share them all, but that would be crazy. I will share a handful here to give you a taste of how fabulous IKEA is. My favorite thing about IKEA is that they have fully decorated rooms all throughout. These rooms serve as inspiration in so many ways. Not only do they offer new use for items and new trends but they also offer space maximizing ideas. I love that many of the rooms show square footage on the outside so you can realistically see what is achievable in that size room. Did you know that IKEA offers design services? They will design a kitchen or any space really even an office for your company! Speaking of kitchen design they offer Maytag appliances so they really are a one stop. Ok enough talk, time to look! Everything you see can be found at IKEA.
And if you want to be able to focus uninterrupted by little ones you can leave them in the IKEA Smaland for up to 60 minutes (90 minutes if you are an IKEA family member which anyone can be for free). The play land has lots of security measures to keep your child safe and they send mom or dad with a buzzer so they can reach you if needed.
If you order online you can pick up in store instead of having it shipped and you can even check out discounted items in the AS IS section by the checkout. IKEA Columbus is having some crazy giveaways in honor of it being the 44th store. The IKEA Columbus store officially opens June 7 but they are allowing people to line up starting Monday June 5. The 354,000-square-foot IKEA Columbus and its 1,200 parking spaces is built on 33 acres has 3,420 solar panels on it’s roof to help power the store, it’s definitely a one of a kind place.
If you plan on heading to IKEA the first 3 days here is what you can expect:
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
• Rest Assured – The first 44 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 will receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring our 44th U.S. store.
• Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
• For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
• Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or soft-serve frozen yogurt voucher.
• Happy Birthday to You and Us – The first 100 adults (18 & older) bringing proof to IKEA Columbus on June 7, 2017 their birthday is the same as the store’s will receive a gift card in the amount of $44, a tie-in corresponding to IKEA Columbus as the 44th U.S. IKEA store.
• Enter our Home, Enter to Win – From June 7 through June 11, 2017, visitors to IKEA Columbus may enter a drawing to win one of ten $1,000 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program. IKEA is matching the prizes (a total of $10,000) with a donation of home furnishings to The Homeless Families Foundation, a local organization that provides housing assistance and educational services to homeless families living in Columbus.
Thursday, June 8, 2017
• Sleep Like Royalty – The first 44 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on Thursday, June 8, 2017 will receive a free queen-sized HAUGESUND mattress.
• Cozy Comfort – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on Thursday, June 8, 2017 will receive a free ALINA “sleep set” of bedspread and cushion covers and two FJADRAR pillows.
• Kid’s Best Friend – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Columbus on June 8, 2017 will receive a free GOSIG golden dog soft toy.
Friday, June 9, 2017
• Cook (& Store) Like a Pro – The first 44 adults in IKEA Columbus on Friday, June 9, 2017 will receive a free 365+ 6-piece cookware starter set and a FORTROLIG food container storage set.
• It’s in the Bag! – The next 44 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Columbus on Friday, June 9, 2017 will receive freezer bags filled with five different Swedish meals, complete with beverages and desserts, from the store’s Swedish Food Market.
• A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 100 children (17 & under) in IKEA Columbus on Friday, June 9, 2017 will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt that day at the Exit Bistro.
Wednesday, June 7 – Sunday, June 11, 2017 • Play Big If You’re Little – Balloon artists, entertainment and face-painting will enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Columbus from June 7 through June 11, 2017.