Share these great tips!Click To Tweet
Last Saturday April 15,2017 was opening day at Kings Island and we were there. There is nothing more fun than surprising your kids with something they love completely out of the blue. Last Friday as my kids sleepily sat around the table enjoying a morning off we announced that we would all be going to Kings Island for opening day, they were excited!
Saturday morning, we woke up to a beautiful day, it rained as we got closer to Kings Island but the rain stopped about 20 minutes after the park opened, it was perfect! Kings Island is the ideal family amusement park. We have a wide range of ages and heights which can seem like a challenge, but really it isn’t. There is so much to do at Kings Island that everyone will be happily occupied all day long.
Here are our tips for having a fun family day!
- Get colored wrist bands indicating height as soon as you enter the park. These are free and make it much easier to determine if your child can ride or not. A tip we learned last year is to write your phone number on the wrist band. That way if your child gets separated from you they have a number to give to a park worker. While we were waiting for the Whirlybird ride a small child wandered up the exit without his parents. The workers were great keeping him with them and calling in a lost child report. Thankfully the parents were found quickly although having a phone number on his wrist band would have made it even quicker to locate them.
- Buy a meal plan. We buy 4 meal plans for our 7 people. The meal plan allows you to eat a full meal (no drinks) every 90 minutes. We eat in shifts and save a ton of money. Kings Island has so many great food options that accept the meal plan including Chick-fil-a, Mama Rosa’s Pizza and Panda Express to name a few. My husband and I each wear two of the wrist bands making it much easier to get our food ordered quickly.
- Get refillable Drinks online. If you are going to get the refillable cups order them online ahead of time, they are cheaper that way. I love these cups because they can hang on the stroller and they keep us well hydrated. We buy 4 and share them since they have drink stations everywhere including the Coke Freestyle ones so there are lots of drink options.
- Pay for parking online. Parking is $5 cheaper if you prepay online.
- Use the Kings Island App. The Kings Island app is awesome. It gives you wait times for major rides. It gives you directions from where you are to anything in the park and it can help you locate food places, bathrooms and more.
- Try something new. Every time you go I suggest trying something new. We were hoping to try the new roller coaster Mystic Timbers but it either had a 2-hour line or was closed so sadly we never got to see what was it he shed, but we are going back soon so my husband (the coaster lover) ca find out. My daughter tried the Bat with me which was so much fun, she is working her way up to bigger coasters each visit!
- Our Favorite Rides. Here are our favorite rides for the different age girls I have! My 3-year-old loves everything in Planet Snoopy including the Great Pumpkin Coaster. My 5-year-old would ride the Flying Ace Aerial Chase non-stop if we let her. My 7-year-old rode Adventure Express 6 times as did her 11 year old sister and my 9-year-old loved The Bat. There were so many rides that we all loved or we could split in two groups and everyone was riding. Many rides our whole family could do like The Scrambler!
If you are worried that your age gap is too wide to enjoy a family day at Kings Island you could not be more wrong! Kings Island is the perfect family amusement park!
Kings Island provides fun all season long; check out a full list of upcoming events HERE including:
o Soak City Water Park
o Soak City Dive-In Movies (7/7, 7/14, 7/21, 7/28)
o Food Truck Fridays
o Halloween Haunt
• Planet Snoopy and Family Fun: Kings Island’s Planet Snoopy has won a Golden Ticket Awards for 16 years in a row – so you know it’s a crowd pleaser for the whole family! Meet Snoopy, Charlie Brown and members of the Peanut’s Gang and hang out in Planet Snoopy. Highlights include:
o Woodstock Gliders
o Snoopy’s Space Buggies
o Woodstock Express
o If visiting after Memorial Day, check out Snoopy’s Barnyard Friends!
This post part of a partnership with Blog Meets Brand and Cedar Fair.