This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IRememberBeyond #CollectiveBias
Puppies have so much energy, it’s exhausting. If you do not help your new puppy use up all that energy it will be channeled into negative behavior like chewing your shoes. The best way to keep your puppy out of trouble is to exhaust your puppy. A tired puppy sleeps at night and stays out of trouble in the evening. Walking your puppy is one of the best ways to expend puppy energy but sometimes that is not possible or not enough. Here are 5 ways to tire out your puppy!
5 Ways to Tire Out Your Puppy and Expend All That Puppy Energy
- Fetch – Throw a ball, throw a bone, throw a toy. No matter what you throw just keep throwing it and having them bring it back. Most puppies are more than willing to chase things so this game is not hard to play. If you puppy is easily distracted try treats to reward them for bringing the item back to you.
- Puppy Obstacle Course – Our puppy loves running through my kids play tunnel and it tires him out quickly to go back and forth. The kids call him from one and then race with him back to the other.
- Walk – Take your puppy for a walk, there is nothing like a nice long walk or even alight job to get all that energy out. This is also a great time to teach your puppy how to properly go for a walk.
- Puppy Play Date – A puppy play date is an excellent way to get energy out. We have two dogs so putting them in the yard together does the trick. If you do not know another dog then look for free socializing classes at local pet stores.
- Stairs – Tire your puppy out with the stairs call your puppy to the top then call your puppy to the bottom. Be sure to reward your puppy for good listening, this is also a way to reinforce those come and stay commands.
Even though we want to tire out puppy out we don’t want a weak or undernourished puppy. Healthy dogs are our goal. I love feeding my dogs Purina Beyond Salmon Egg and Pumpkin Natural Recipe Superfood Blend because it contains real meat, poultry or fish, there is no corn, wheat or soy (my dogs need grain free) and poultry by-product meal. Purina Beyond also contain no added artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. I love my dogs very much but I do not have time to visit a pet store just for dog food, thank goodness Kroger carries Purina Beyond. I can even order my Purina Beyond through Kroger Clicklist which means they bring it out to my car and they still take my paper coupon. Right now, Kroger customers can grab an exclusive digital coupon for $3 off any Purina Beyond dry dog food online at Kroger (until