So confession time…. my garage is an embarrassing mess.
We are constantly cleaning it and reorganizing it but reality is each small step we take works but we need to finish and organize it all. Bikes for 7 people, ride on toys, toddler push toys, strollers, sleds, tools…. you get the picture. Our big family has a lot of stuff in our garage and then there is my big car that has to fit in too. If you were to look at my garage without the car in it you would probably doubt that it would fit, but it does… barely! Needless to say my garage door is very important to me, it keeps my mess hidden from view, if it were to break and not shut well that would not be good!
Here are 5 Ideas for Organizing Your Garage
- Ceiling Hooks for Bikes: We hang our adult bikes from the ceiling using large utility bike hooks. This works well for us since we do not bike as often as the girls, they need their bikes to be more accessible so we don’t hang them unless it is winter.
- Peg Board – Peg Board is great for hanging tools and small items on the wall.
- Kitchen Cabinets – Do have old kitchen cabinets or know someone who is remodeling? Mount kitchen cabinets on the walls for some up high storage in your garage, this is great for items you need out of reach of little ones.
- Large Bins – We have some old large recycling bins that we use to store balls and other miscellaneous items like rollers skate that the kids need easy access too.
- Bungee Cords – Bungee Cords are great for hanging things from the ceiling that you hardly use. We use 2 bungee cords like a hammock to put all of our pool noodles up high and we even hang our car top carrier with bungees from the ceiling.
Those are some easy tips everyone can try and beyond that I highly recommend you keep your garage door in working order. One way to make that happen is to sign up for garage door maintenance emails.
A new program from the International Door Association (IDA) – a worldwide trade association of door and access systems professionals – invites consumers to register for twice-a-year emails from its consumer website, GarageDoorCare.com. The emails will carry a simple message – it’s time to lubricate your garage door.
International Door Association wants you to take garage door care seriously and sign up for maintenance reminder emails and they have a provided a $25 GC for one of you to purchase garage door lubricant to keep your door running well.
WIN IT: One lucky That Chic Mom reader will win a $25 Visa GC, enter in the form below.
This is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.