The following is a partnered post.
It wasn’t too long ago that a mum looking for a car had to settle for a horribly unfashionable minivan or an ugly, fat sedan. Not anymore. Car makers have heard your wishes and have come up with a number of models that mix comfort, style and utility in packages that won’t completely destroy your budgets. What’s best is that you can even buy a car online today – including used cars.
1. Audi Q5: While not exactly cheap (base models start at £30,000+), the Audi Q5 is one of the best cars you can buy – powerful, spacious, and capable of handling everything from a weekend getaway to a football match to an off-road trail. It is also loaded with hundreds of features and boasts best in-class seats, luxury upholstery and unmatched styling.
2. Volvo XC90: Volvo has a (deserved) reputation as a maker of extremely safe cars. As the Swedish automaker’s flagship SUV, the XC90 is no exception. You get all the standard safety fare – airbags, ABS, etc. – it also boasts exceptional traction control, stability control and anti-whiplash restraints. Throw in versatile seating and a large, spacious cabin, and this the XC90 is easily counts among the best cars for moms.
3. Nissan Qashqai: It is difficult to walk down any road in UK and not see a Qashqai roll by. As one of UK’s most popular family vehicles, the Nissan Qashqai combines the best features from powerful SUVs and better-handling sedans. This crossover has dozens of safety features, is extremely fuel-efficient and is well-loved for its bold, off-road inspired styling. Great for moms who want something safe, yet capable of tearing through a dirt track when needed!
4. Ford B-MAX: It won’t set heads turning, but the Ford B-MAX fulfills its function exceptionally well: getting from Point A to Point B with minimal fuss. It’s one of the most utilitarian vehicles on this list – a large, spacious crossover with ample storage space, an efficient, low-maintenance engine, and plenty of leg room for all passengers. It is also very affordable with the base Studio model starting at just over £12,000.
5. Range Rover Evoque: The Range Rover Evoque is one of the most attractive cars on UK roads (unless you count in the supercars!). It also promises exceptional performance both on and off the road. Throw in highly capable safety features, ample cabin space and well-equipped interiors, and you can see why it is one of the most desirable family cars around.
Besides these five cars, you can also consider the Citroen C3 Picasso, VW Sharan, or the Peugeot 3008 among your choices. In the end, you have to keep in mind that buying a car perfect for your needs a lot of thinking and good decision making.