As a mom of little one’s I feel like good night’s sleep is not a phrase in my vocabulary. If it’s not one thing it’s another you know? The baby finally sleeps trough the night and an older child has a growth spurt that causes them to wake with growing pains. Someone is sick and its keeping them up at night or the thing I am most guilty of I have too much to do and stay up late doing it! So lately I have been trying to make a good night’s sleep a priority and while I can not control all the factors there are some I can.
Steps I Am Taking to Make A Good Night’s Sleep A Priority
- No caffeine at night. I am terrible about drinking caffeine late at night to keep me focused while working and then my mind is racing when I try to sleep. I need to cut it off earlier so I ensure when I go to bed I can actually sleep.
- Exercise. I have been getting up early to exercise each morning and while that seems the opposite of more sleep I sleep better because my body has gotten exercise and feels better.
- Setting a curfew. I am really trying to be in bed by 11 pm every night. This is hard sometimes because I have deadlines that must be met, but in general it is helping me to manage my time better and just walk away from the computer when I need to get sleep.
- Nothing electronic in the bedroom. I leave my cell phone to charge downstairs when I go to bed so it is not buzzing and dinging all night and we do not turn the TV on to fall asleep to.
- Have a good quality mattress.My husband has a bad back so an orthopaedic mattress would be a great choice for him. Currently I am satisfied with our mattress and get a goods nights sleep but I know there are ones that are better and would love to upgrade someday.
This is how I am striving to make my sleep more of a priority and get the most out of the hours I actually am asleep!
What steps do you take to ensure a good night’s sleep?
This is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.