Laundry can be a daunting task for anyone but when you are trying to do laundry with little helpers it is pretty much impossible. I mean I pull out some baskets of laundry and start sorting into other baskets and what happens? Well my 1 and 3 year old start grabbing the clothes back out and throwing them around squealing with delight. While they are having a grand old time I am banging my head against the wall and cursing the mounds of laundry mocking me! So I came up with a few ways to make laundry fun with preschoolers AND actually get it done! Because goodness knows I can not afford to get too far behind on the laundry for 7 people!
1. Matching: Play the sock matching game. Younger kids can help sort by color, print, pattern ect. As they get older you can help them fine tune observation skills by helping them match the socks within the same color by size and style.
2. Number Recognition: At our house each person has a basket that we sort clothes into and since my kids are young they have number sized clothes. Let your little one sort by number and help them with number recognition.
3. Letter Recognition: For the adult clothes and bigger sizes they can sort by letter into piles or baskets and work on letter recognition.
4. JUMP!!!! And them of course if you just want to have fun let the kids jump into the big pile of clothes or at my house just give up trying to stop them and let them have a few minutes of fun!
Eventually my kids will learn to do their own laundry and just like there are life stages Dreft has created laundry detergent stages to handle the different stages of baby clothing.
- Dreft Newborn (Stage One): Expectant and new parents can wash their little one’s fabrics with Dreft’s same beloved hypoallergenic formula, designed to be tough on stains and gentle on baby’s skin with the beloved Dreft baby scent.
- NEW Dreft Active Baby (Stage Two): Specially designed with a growing, developing baby in mind, NEW Dreft Active Baby helps to remove 99% of baby food stains and other outdoor messes with a gentle, hypoallergenic formula and fresh scent.
- NEW Dreft Blissfuls (Stage Three): NEW Dreft Blissfuls in-wash scent boosters gives families the baby fresh scent they love. Safe on all fabrics, these beads help bring back that nostalgic, amazing baby scent (and all those memories) with every wash.
Join in on Tuesday, May 5th, from 9-10pmEST for a Twitter party and talk with Kelly Rowland about her life as a mom and how she plans to celebrate her very first Mother’s Day! RSVP here: http://vite.io/DoubleDutyDivas. Also be sure to download Dreft’s “Amazing Baby Days” app now available for FREE on the App store. This one- of-a kind app helps parents – and parents to be – capture the amazing moments of pregnancy through their baby’s first year and has recently been updated so that moms and dads can make keepsake movies from photos and videos captured within the app!
This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Dreft. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review and compensation, but all opinions are 100% mine.
WIN IT: One lucky reader will win a Dreft prize pack including:
- Dreft Product Line
- Little Me Receiving Blankets (check out their website for more info)
- Booster Chair
- 5 Year Memory Book