This review and giveaway was made possible by iConnect Influencer Management and Aflac. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.”
I have short hair, really short hair and it was a drastic change for me. I always had long hair but honestly I was tired of having bad hair days and with 5 kids I don’t get much time to fix my hair so bad hair days are unavoidable. When I first cut my hair short I was completely lost, all of my products and hair knowledge was for long hair, I had to learn fast. So here are few things I have learned over the past 4 years of short hair.
1. Product matters… A LOT! When you have short hair the products you use are really important especially if you have a very structured hair style like I do. Even if your haircut is more flowy you still need the right products. If you saw my hair product free and not styled you would be shocked and horrified. For me I like putties and pastes to give me a textured look. This is the only hair cut where I have bought my product at the salon and it has been worth it, drugstore stuff just hasn’t cut it.
2. Healthy Shine. When your hair is short you need to make sure it is healthy and I love using oils like argan or morrocan for that. A short haircut can go wrong super fast and then you can’t just stick it in a ponytail, so keep it moist and healthy.
3. Invest in a Good Stylist. When you have a very specific short hair style one wrong cut and it is ruined (remember no ponytail to hide it in until it grows out). Make sure you have a great stylist. I get compliments on my haircut all the time and it is all my stylist, she went on maternity leave and someone else cut my hair, it was not the same.
4. Play with It. Short hair cuts can be a lot of fun so just get your hands in there and play with it, brushes are not needed beyond your initial brushing. My hair is styled completely by hand and I love it.
5. Have a Backup Plan. If the worst happens like a bad haircut or bad hair day and you just can’t fix it have a back up plan. Mine includes a cute fedora and no one is any wiser!
I had to laugh out loud at this Aflac Duck Salon commercial because well, that is truly bad haircut and bad hair month or two! Aflac is the leading provider of voluntary insurance at the work site. Aflac is
different from health insurance; it’s insurance for daily living. New One Day Pay℠ is Aflac’s way of making sure eligible claims get processed and approved the same day they’re submitted, so policyholders can get paid in just a day. Aflac is built to process and pay – not to deny and delay – to help your life stay on track.